Sunday 10 June 2012

Summer Fitness Kick

The time of year when fear (and a winter spent over eating) grips you is here! The bikini season is nearly upon us and I am certainly starting to feel the pressure! Can I keep a healthy diet/fitness regime going long enough to see results?

This year I am ahead of where I was last year.  I have already joined a gym......although I haven't managed to lose weight despite going to the gym/classes around 4 times a week for the last 5 weeks. Very disappointing! I do feel fitter and slightly slimmer although the scales are not showing any difference. :-( On a more positive note I do have to say I am really enjoying it, especially the high impact aerobics classes! 

My next step is to assess my eating habits. I want to lose weight, get fit and eat healthily over the next few months but, I find staying on task challenging. I have therefore searched the internet for an app that counts calories - MyFitnessPal. It was free to download so I thought I'd give it a go! I have downloaded it today and entered all my vital statistics, my weight loss goal and recorded what I have eaten for breakfast and lunch! It generates the calories consumed and the calories remaining for the rest of the day. I am hoping that this will kickstart my healthy eating/weight loss and will challenge me to only eat my recommended daily calorie consumption. 


Fingers crossed that my new gym bunny ways and healthy eating/calorie counting app will help-sharpish! 
I will keep you updated on my progress - no cheating allowed!

How do you motivate yourself?


No comments:

Post a Comment