Friday 8 June 2012

Acne Miracle?



I have had acne since I was about 11 years old. It started with what I call ‘under the skins’ which are little hard pimple/lumps in my pores. They aren’t huge red spot/boils, or whiteheads, but they certainly are noticeable when the light hits your face at certain angles. After a while I started to develop more ‘normal’ acne – white heads, red blind spots – which started to scar. I used topical lotions prescribed by the doctor, antibiotics etc however, none seemed to work successfully.
I ended up going on a really strong acne drug with high levels of vitamin A (with lots of possible side effects) which cleared my acne up wonderfully. As far as I am aware, the majority if people who use such strong drugs usually maintain their acne free state. I, on the other hand, did not and preceded to develop acne again – thankfully the majority were ‘under the skins’ and so less obvious. I went on the acne drug a few more times but have been exploring other options as my acne is getting steadily worse again.


Hope these photos give you a rough idea of my acne. 

After much research I invested in Lumie Clear which is blue/red light therapy:See here
My aim is to use Lumie Clear every night for the recommended treatment time and keep you all updated as to how it goes! Hopefully, this review will be helpful and fellow acne suffers will learn from this particular blog, and maybe even get rid of their acne for good!

Acne miracle? We shall see. xox

Note: I will be keeping my washing/foundation/powder etc routine the same to ensure as fair a test as possible!




2 comments:

  1. Cant wait to see how this works - looks slightly expensive though. Will wait to see the results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will keep you updated on the progress. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete