Friday 4 January 2013

Winter Sun - Simple Sundress Fun

As you know, I spent the holidays in away in Grenada. This was the first time I have ever been away for Christmas before and I have to say I loved spending Christmas day on the beach with my family.

Grenada is a beautiful and friendly island, and I am already getting the holiday blues! Looking back at my holiday photos (I only touched down in England this morning) is making me want to go back already.

Over the next few posts I aim to update you on my holiday outfits.

This sundress is one which I bought in the summer, so isn't available anymore. It is a classic style which always appears in the shops in the spring/summer collections. I love opting for a simple sundress with a bright pattern to make it slightly different (similar styles herehere, here and here). I paired the dress with my Primark clutch and sandals.




Whilst away I also tried to make the most of the weather by waking up early and walking along the beach or renting a kayak for an hour - I didn't always manage to kayak for a whole hour; such hard work!



11 comments:

  1. That beach looks incredible!! I hope you had an amazing time.

    Of course we can follow each other. Following now, hope you do the same!

    http://arumlilea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos, I can't wait to see more, go on make us all jealous, it may motivate me to nag Mr Bertie enough to get him to allow me to book our holiday (he has just become self employed so we need to wait a while until he has 6 or more months worth of mortgage payments stored before we go away as we do active sports holidays and if he breaks a bone he doesn't get sick pay... scary! My piddly salary wont keep us going, especially not with all the clothes I buy lol)

    Kayaking is hard work isn't it? I did my one star kayak course (in England, oh the glamour!) which involved 3 - 4 hours of kayaking a day for 2 days, I could barely walk I was that weak at the end of it!!

    Janine xx
    BakeGlueandTrend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you! Such a cute dress and it looks like a fun vacation!

    xo Ashley
    http://www.ashnfashn.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've a lovely Blog! And a Happy New Year! Thanks for visitng me! I'd love to follow one another! Could you please let me know so I can follow you back?

    Love Nyt,
    from
    BIG hair LOUD mouth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comments on my blog! Keep in touch! I love your dresses but I'm so curious to see your face hehe!

      Delete
  5. I LOVE that floral dress! It's perfect for warm weather.
    Isn’t That Charming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the dress.. it's super cute...


    megha
    http://meghafashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty floral dress & love that handbag!! Hope you had a great trip!

    xo Michelle

    Fierce & Fashionable

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your studded bag is gorgeous!
    Love, Anna

    www.fashionanna.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is beautiful! never been keen on being away from home on christmas but your photo of the beach makes me want to go on holiday so bad!
    happy new year :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete